Thursday, July 8, 2010

oh bliss, thou hast found me

Part of my morning ritual is that once I am ready to sit down and have a coffee, I check out my email and FB, and  maybe even blog.  =)   This morning it looked a little like this...

Then, as I was trying to read through the glare on my screen, I heard a tap-tap-tap.  Up in our very sad, dieing weeping birch tree, was a little wood pecker.






He is pretty small.  Can you see him?

So yesterday, I took Vicki to her buddy Brett's 4th birthday party.  Brett is the little boy who's Meema (grandma) was looking after both Brett and Vicki since August of last year.  The two of them have grown very close.  Upon arriving at the party, Vicki immediately told Brett how she had had a dream the night before about him and his party.  He responded with, "I dreamt of you too Vicki."  Seriously, they are too cute.  I hadn't planned on staying for the party, but the kids were all so well behaved and it was a really nice bunch of group of moms and 1 dad.  So it was quite enjoyable.  I normally cringe and want to run away when it comes to children's parties.  But I have to say, that Brett's mom, Billie, and Meema put on a great party. 

When we got home, the house was so hot.  But it was still cooler than outside.  I struggled to find the motivation to turn on the stove and start making dinner, but I got to it.  Made some 4 cheese tortellini with creamy tomato sauce, and lightly sauteed zucchini.  It was seriously awesome.  But then I am a freak for pasta.  I only had time for a few bites though, as I had to head up to Canada. 

After what seemed like an excruciatingly long border wait, (only 15 mins, but it felt like an hour), I made my way to go pick up Josh.  We went and chilled at Starbucks and chatted.  Dang!  I miss that boy!  Er, man.  We talked about work, and he spoke of how he is planning to back to school in the fall.  He wants to graduate so he can go onto college and study science.  Something in either physics or biology.  That's right!  My Josh, who didn't do homework more often than he did, who hated school pretty much from day one of first grade, who skipped more often than he went in his last year of school, who thought about joining the military at one point just because the idea of college scared him crapless...  yes, my Josh.  My Josh wants to go to college!!!!   Now, I have to keep in mind, that it is Josh, and he takes awhile to act on these thoughts, because he has to think it through over and over and over and over (and over) before he is ready to take the plunge (and over).  

Then we spoke of relationships and how he hasn't had a girlfriend in a really long time.  He has very high standards you see.  And very few girls are date-able for him.  Then there is the whole problem of how does one meet new people, when your routine doesn't really put you out there.  I remember feeling the way he does.  Like the only one who doesn't have someone.  I remember feeling like I would be alone forever and that no one would ever want me.  Yet, now when I look back, those thoughts seem crazy.  How could I have ever felt that way when I was married at the ripe age of 18?  HA!

Anyways,  time with Jman was awesome.  Then I went onto Annyse's in White Rock.  We had a great practice.  Annyse is teaching us a new choreography.  A veil choreography this time.  Its going to be very awesome!  =)

So today's list:
~ play croquet with Vicki
~ laundry (seriously that is on the list ever single day.  Today it is bedding) woo.
~ housecleaning focus today is the living room. 
~ play a game with Vicki
~ something awesome for dinner
~ weeding
~ play with Vicki


~*~poof~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

your turn to share....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

networked blogs