![]() |
| Vicki, age 2 - dancing! |
A post from eactly 3 years ago, today... Rambling Thoughts from a Highly Distracted Mind
And, here is a post originally posted February 23, 2005, called the Age Old Dilemma. It gave me a giggle when I read it.
"I was asked yesterday by the director of our Church's drama team if I would accept a role in the dramas for Easter Weekend. Of course I accepted! I would pretty much have to have limbs falling off before I would turn down an opportunity to act.
So I will be playing the role of "wife". The actor playing the role of "husband" is about 10 years older than I am. And our director wondered aloud if the audience would accept this as authentic. (You would have to read the script to truly get why the connection between husband and wife is not directly obvious)
Anyways.... it got me to thinking. UH OH> Somebody stop me.....
Why is it that men are considered to age gracefully and women just get old? A man's hair becomes salt and peppered. Women's - grey. Men become distinguished. Women used up. Why?
So obviously its a perception thing. I mean, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
But, and here is the twist of irony (I so do love some good irony).... A man reaches his sexual peak at 18ish. A women - 40ish.
Sooooooo keeping that in mind, I think I have the answer.....
Women find men more attractive as they get older because they have to."

No comments:
Post a Comment
your turn to share....