Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Amazingness - the Fruitloopgirl Challenge

Completely and totally inspired by this lady:  The Pioneer Woman
If you have never heard of her, or checked out her website, go... now...  or maybe after you read my post.  =)   And especially: The Tasy Kitchen  which is the Pioneer Woman's amazing cooking/food/recipe site.  She is pretty amazing and has inspired me to tap into myself and find a little bit of my own amazingness.  I know it's in there somewhere!

So after spending a little time perusing those sites I feel challenged.  And here I go:

I have all these things that I love to do.  But they all compete with my time and generally I push them aside.  So each week, I will set aside time for at least two of following then post on either this blog or my crafting/hobbies blog, Brain Noodles, as appropriate.
  • Crocheting
  • Cooking something completely new
  • photography (I don't claim to be a photographer, but I love to play with my camera!)
  • writing
  • paper crafts
  • sewing (once I get my sewing machine repaired) 
Ideally, I would love to do one each day, but I have to be realistic and not set myself up to fail.   For those who know me well, I am open to ideas, and having you check up on me!  Seriously, email me, Facebook me, comment here, or phone me and ask me what I am working on next. 

I also challenge you all to make time to do the things you enjoy and then share your amazingness with us.  Please leave me a comment and let me know if you are interested in taking up a challenge of your own.  I will support you in any way I can!


~*~ poof ~*~

5 comments:

  1. Good for you Shari! (Ha, I typed Sharity)

    I also don't make enough time to do the things I like to do. Crafting with Mandy last friday was the first time I'd done it in months.

    Then there's the knitting I love to do, and I'm working on learning to spin wool (I'm just doing drop spindle right now). But I need a tutor, because though it's working, I think I'm doing it wrong, and making it a lot more work than it should be.

    So many other things I want to be doing too.

    I look forward to reading about the things you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharity rules! ;)

    I am really hoping some people take up a challenge of their own. *nudge nudge*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. But can I make a suggestion? How about stick to one big thing and then one small thing for the week. If you do so much you will put more aside and then feel overwhelmed.
    Like try crocheting and making a new meal this week. Make it a goal to do a full crocheting project for the week. Of course if you take pictures while doing so you will hit THREE birds with one stone. lol.

    I have been trying to do more of my photography. Which I am doing tonight for a couple people that have bought some cards. I am also trying to get people to book a Norwex party. Hey, any interest :P

    HUGS. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and hey Charity.....I have been thinking about you because we are going to need some new honey. Is your organic? pasturized? non-pasturized? would prefer to support locally. lol. I usually buy unpasturized organic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Misty! I sent you a private msg on facebook about honey.

    ReplyDelete

your turn to share....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

networked blogs