Monday, April 11, 2011

Couponing - Go Extreme or Go Home?

My latest obsession?  Extreme couponing.    (Like I need another obsession!)


But hey, let's face it.  We are a one income family, and we need this.

A lot.

Huge.

You.have.no.idea.how.much.we.need.this.


I'm just starting out with this concept.  I am not willing for it to take over my life, like it does for many of the people you see on the tv show, Extreme Couponing, however, there is definitely something to this.  Living in a small town, the idea of planning for and making 4-5 shopping trips in a week is definitely not an option.  But, what I can do it plan to maximize savings for my weekly grocery shop at Safeway.  I can start taking advantage of some of the made savings over at Rite-Aid each week and plan for one trip into town a week to hit Target and Fred Meyer.

Sure, I have been using coupons for long time, but not like this.   The trick here is to combine the coupons with sale items, stack 'em (that is using more than one coupon per item) where possible and use the resources available and stock pile on items when you can get them for crazy cheap.

I am not going to give lessons on how to save, as I am not an extreme couponing rock star, but here are a couple of websites of people who are:

Krazy Coupon Lady - this site has daily posts matching up coupons with sales prices at major retail stores, as well as huge database of coupons, how-to's, coupon matching by store and links to all the printable coupon sites.

Coupon Mom - also with how-to's, lists of major retail advertised specials, coupon match-ups and links

Living on a Coupon - daily posts with match-ups and how-to's

Then there are the actual coupon sites.
The big three:
Coupons.com
SmartSource
Red Plum

I hope to have some great savings stories to share coming soon!!!

.

3 comments:

  1. Sadly there are never any coupons for the foods we eat, organic produce doesn't rate high enough for coupons I guess. Maybe someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that would be a challenge. Hopefully, organic is just standard before too long. I'm hopeful if not a little naive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get on a major couponing kick every other month or so. Time consuming but worth it. I mainly concentrate on using coupons for cleaning products and things like toothpaste and shampoo. That frees up money to spend on fresh produce and things you don't normally get coupons for. Every little bit helps...Good luck with your extreme couponing!

    ReplyDelete

your turn to share....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

networked blogs