It's 10 Things Tuesday and today it's all about de-stressing.
How do you unwind when it's one of those days. When you feel like everything is happening all at once. When you feel like you are spinning way more plates than you can handle, or things just feel completely out of control.
Whether it be at work or at home, some times circumstances out of our control crash down onto us and we are slammed with more than feel the strength to carry. Other times things build up day by day, then over time we find ourselves stressed out and overwhelmed.
We have all been there. None of us are immune. Today, lets share our ideas for de-stressing. Join the link up below, so we can all be blessed by each others' ideas.
10 Things To De-Stress
10. Have a soak in the tub. I don't have a good bath tub for soaking in anymore, but I used to love to light some candles, take a glass of wine, or cup of tea, and just soak away my worries for a little while.
9. Take a walk. Fresh air and a little exercise is good for body and soul. I often will spend that time with God as well. Which brings me to....
8. Pray.
7. Exercise. The endorphins produced in your body during exercise are a natural feel good booster. It can also help clear your mind.
6. Call, or go visit a friend. A cup of joe and an encouraging friend go a long way to help us get clarity when overwhelmed and stressed. Plus, they can help with number eight!
5. Hug. Hug your children, husband, wife, friend, sister, brother, mom, dad, cat, dog.... hugs are good for the soul.
4. Get a massage. I can't afford to go to some lovely spa and have a professional massage done, but my hubby has magic hands and is always willing to rub away the stress. We carry much of our stress in our backs. Our physical bodies feel the stress we carry inside. If you too cannot afford to get a professional massage, then ask someone to rub your back. Don't be shy. It really can help. In fact, many professionals keep tissues near by when they massage, as it is not uncommon for clients to become emotional as the work the stress out of their backs.
3. Have some intimate time with your significant other. =) Good for body, heart and soul.
2. Turn on some relaxing music. Whatever type of music that helps calm you.
1. Light a candle, diffuse some essential oils, or rub in some scented lotion. Lavender, Chamomile, Rosemary, Geranium, Sandalwood, Clary Sage and Juniper Berry are all known to help relieve stress and anxiety. This is a great one for in an office. I used to have some chamomile hand lotion that I would rub on a few times a day. It really did have a calming effect.
I would like to add one more... I know, I said 10, but... doing something creative is always a stress reliever for me. Whether I crochet, create a new recipe or make some cards, it really does help me to de-stress.
I hope you are blessed today!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
your turn to share....