I LOVE Pinterest. Have I mentioned this before? And here is another reason why...
I found this great article called 50 Ways to Inspire Your Husband via Pinterest.
| source: momlifetoday.com |
I'm sure that most of us (wives) already do many of the things off this list, as well as many others every day, but we all need a little help sometimes with creative ways to inspire your husband. And who doesn't want to inspire their husband?
I have always believed that a healthy marriage is all about blessing our spouses. And in these blessings, we are, of course, blessed in return.
Today and every day, I will choose to take responsibility for my marriage. I cannot expect it to be strong and solid, if I don't put in the work. Each and every day I can choose for my
words and actions to either build up my husband or tear him down. And I
wholeheartedly believe in:
You reap what you sow
You get what you give
Good In = Good Out
These truths absolutely apply to marriage also. So with that in mind, I will be making a point of daily working the list (and adding many of my own ideas).
Here are some of my favorite items off this list.
(To read the entire list, please click the photo above to head over to the orginal article.)
1. Initiate great sex.
(I LOVE that this is not only #1, but is on the list multiple times. Yes, sex IS important part of a healthy marriage.)
9. Make sure he feels respected by you.
(In my humble opinion, this should be #1)
13. Ask him how you can pray for him at work. Later on in the week, ask about his prayer requests again.
16. Pray for him.
26. Ban yourself from any nagging, the Great Life-Sucker.
30. Do something fun and unexpected together: paintball; laser
tag; on a spring day, have a picnic, blow bubbles, and bring the books
you’re reading; swing; go to a drive-in movie, bring popcorn, and
instigate a make-out session.
38. Discover his love language and become even more fluent in it.
49. Tell him what a great dad he is. Be specific.
(This is a pretty huge one. My husband is always very moved when I share my thoughts on how great of a dad he is.)
I would love to hear some of your favorites off the list, or if you have ideas of your own.
For example, I like to tell my husband often how handsome he is and how much I love his smile. After all, my guess is that if I feel better about myself when my husband tells me these things, I figure he probably feels better about himself when he hears them, too. And I love to bake and cook him his favorite things, and he loves it when I do.
May you, your husband and marriage be blessed today and every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
your turn to share....