Monday, September 20, 2010

I Dream of Karie

One of the reoccurring dreams that I have is of my friend Karie.  Karie passed away May 15, 2006 and these reoccurring dreams started very shortly afterwards.  I am always looking for her and sometimes I find her, and sometimes I don't.  Usually when I find her, she needs me to help her get away from something.  The dreams always leave me with mixed feelings.  A little unsettled, a little sad, and sometimes even a little happy to have seen her, even if it wasn't real.

The other night I dreamt of Karie.  But, this dream wasn't like the others.  I was with her in what was supposedly her apartment and we had no food.  I don't remember how it came about, but she got very upset with me and told me to leave.   My sleeping mind had me wandering the streets around her apartment, bumping into this person or that, and I just kept telling them that I didn't understand why Karie was so mad, and they all seemed to know what I was talking about.

I awoke from this dream feeling quite upset.  Why would my subconscious mind bring me these images.  Images of Karie mad and yelling at me? 

I understand the reoccurring theme of looking for her, as I miss her greatly and her life ended way too soon.  But, why an argument? 

It was disturbing.  I felt annoyed at myself, and hurt.  Like it was real and Karie really was mad.  I hate those lingering emotions from dreams. 

Except the good emotions. 

So I share some pictures of the beautiful Karie with you and say a prayer for her beautiful daughters. 

I miss you Karie.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this. i have similar dreams about my friend who died 15 years ago. see her about twice a year. always the same, searching searching. praying for clarity for this dream for you. hoping you find peace today my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get the weird mixed emotions as well?

    ReplyDelete

your turn to share....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

networked blogs