Thursday, September 9, 2010

No Diving in the Shallow Water

I love it when I innocently go somewhere or do something and find myself inspired to greater things.

Sometimes, it's the little things that inspire me to be a better person, mother, wife, friend, daughter, etc.  Just a touch, a look, a hug, a memory, some laughter, a tear, or a little voice saying, "I love you, Mommy".

Or, a recipe that inspires a great meal. 

Or, it can be more profound.  Like watching a mother and father in church on Sunday, giving their praise to God with tears in their eyes, with their little girl at their side.  Their little girl, whom just came home from Children's hospital, and is getting the upper hand in her battle with cancer.

Or being inspired to push through my block and get writing in blog again.  (Thanks PW)

Today, I am feeling inspired as a performer.  Last night, I went to see some belly dancers perform in Bellingham.  Not just any dancers, but the Mahala Dancers.  Their choreography was creative and beautiful.  Their costumes were gorgeous, all designed and made by one of the dancers.  Seriously, these ladies ooze talent.

But, the best part of all was the feeling I walked away with.  This feeling of joy.  This remembering of why I love to dance.  Why, I love the art of belly dance.   I could go on and on about all the wonderful things about it, but that is whole other post.  Probably posts.  More likely a book.  =)

The point is, I am inspired.  So today, I shall dance.

 And probably dream of heavenly costumes that I cannot afford.

 I should get my sewing machine fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your turn to share....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

networked blogs