Monday, March 12, 2012

Old Fashioned Apple Crisp

Serve still warm with some creamy vanilla ice cream...  oh my. 

Note:  For best flavor, use a variety of apples.  Crisp textures work best. The tartness of Granny Smith apples combined with the wonderful flavor of the Honeycrisp is always a winning combination!

2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
1/2 cup soft butter
6/7 med apples, peeled, cored and sliced 
1  tbsp sugar
1  tsp cinnamon



Cut butter into the first four ingredients until thoroughly mixed and crumbly.

Toss the apple slices in 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon to coat.  Spread apple slices in bottom of 9x9 inch pan.  (I use my casserole dish pictured below and it makes a perfect proportion of topping to apples, in my humble opinion.)

Spread the crumble mixture over top.

Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes or until the topping is golden and the apples are to preferred tenderness.

Pictured here, ready to go in the oven.

I currently do not have a picture of it after I baked it, as it was eaten much too quickly!  =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Want to find some great creative bloggers?  This post is a participating in  the Creative Corner Blog Hop,  the Inspire Me Monday hop and the Plan My Menu and Recipe Link Up Party (Couponing and Cooking).




Click the buttons!!






Have a great Monday.  Go bless and be blessed! 

4 comments:

  1. I want to try this. Visiting from Creative Corner Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by the Creative Corner Hop. I hope you will be back next week to link up again.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love apple baked treats - and don't you just hate when the goodies disappear before you get that final snapshot taken? lol

    Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing you this week at Inspire Me Monday!

    ReplyDelete

your turn to share....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

networked blogs