Tuesday, September 14, 2010

stuck

I keep looking at this blank page.  It looks back at me and mocks me.  Laughs even.

I used to love to write.  Every piece of paper was an invitation to write a story.  (Dating myself here by referencing when writing was done on paper.)  Or a poem.  Or some introspective musings. 

Now I have the desire.  In fact I long to write again.  But the blankness of the page is so intimidating.  No longer does hold promise for the outpouring of my inner thoughts. 

It's.Just.Blank.

Does this mean I have nothing left to say?  Have I lost my creative drive?  Is my life just so boring that I can't pull even a morsel out to inspire me? 

*Sigh*

So now what?  How does one push through this?   Seriously, I want ideas.   Maybe, ideas for posts.  Or ideas on how to rekindle a dulled creative spark. 

Please....

4 comments:

  1. I think all writers go through this sometimes. One of my tricks is to go to WritingFix.com and use their writing prompt generator. It gives me some ideas for writing.


    http://www.writingfix.com/Classroom_Tools/dailypromptgenerator.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Julie. I will check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am content. but I still have this desire to be creative, but its just not there. Not in any of usual creative outlets.

    ReplyDelete

your turn to share....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

networked blogs