Well, it's Friday again. I had hoped to have written a couple more posts this week, but considering how busy of a week I have had, I will have to settle for the one.
But it's Friday! So welcome here. Have a seat and stay awhile.
Friday means Friendship Friday, a fun and friendly blog hop hosted each week by the lovely Create With Joy. Each week she posts a question and provides the opportunity to network with other bloggers. I am enjoying being a part of it and encourage any bloggers who would like to expand their blogging network to give it a try.
Question Of The Week
What Is Your Biggest Blogging Goal Right Now?
What Is Your Biggest Blogging Goal Right Now?
Really, for me, right now my biggest goal is just to get back into the habit of blogging regularly. I am truly blessed by sharing on my blog. It feeds my love of writing. I also enjoy meeting new people through my blog, and find a lot of inspiration through the whole experience.
Readers rock!!!
The last few weeks have been really hectic. Who am I kidding? The last several months. It really has been a steady pace since back in September. I really need to find some time to stop the insanity and get refreshed. Lately, I have really been feeling the pressure.
Of course, much of this pressure is my own doing. I have to do it all and I spread myself way too thin. I have a goal this year to simplify. I started by taking down my Etsy shop. The reality was, that it was sucking way too much of my time, with little to no result. It cost me more than I could possibly make. It may be great for some people, but for me, not so much. I then put my items on my Facebook page, Fruitloopgirl's Designs instead, with only a few key items on my Etsy shop.
The next course of action to simplify, or at least, so I thought, was to do menu planning. I found some great free downloadable templates and decided that this would make things so much easier. However, now I have to spend a lot more time going through ads, coupons and recipes so that I can also stay within budget.
It's only week one and all meals have been a great success, but grocery bill was almost double what it usually is. So for me it was a fail. Hopefully, with more planning for week two, I will be on track with a plan and under budget.
The third part of my plan to simplify is to reorganize my home and find better storage solutions, while purging items we really don't need. This is hard for both my darling husband and I. We both tend to hold onto things, "just in case." We have a garage full of "just in case."
Storing your sheets inside the coordinating pillow case! I have already started this great idea. I really have to wonder why I had not thought of this before.
This is my next plan. I have cleaning products stashed in several place throughout the house, so this is idea makes so much sense. One in the kitchen and maybe another in the linen closet, which is centrally located upstairs between two bathrooms.
I can't even begin to tell you house much I love this laundry room. I have cabinets above my washer and dryer and they are great. Except, I am short. I can't reach most of what is in them. I also can't see most of what is in them. Mostly though, I love the idea of adding some shelving and somewhere to hang my 'hang to dry' items. This is going to be a project real soon. I will definitely post before and afters!
Another part of simplifying my life is less time on the computer. So I am off. I'll refill my coffee mug and tackle todays to-do list. Much of which is prepping for a Girl's Night In party I am hosting tomorrow night. I can't wait. Friends. Food. Wine. Fun. Laughter. Makes me happy.
May you be a blessing and receive a blessing!




Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment. :)
ReplyDeleteSheets inside of pillowcases? DUH! Lol, I need to do this ASAP instead of having my open/shut-the-door-quickly-so-everything-doesn't-fall-on-your-head linen closet. :)
Have a good weekend, Shari!
Sounds like you have the same linen closet as me!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for coming by!!
The sheets inside the pillow case? I have that exact pin on my Pinterest page! LOL What a neat idea, huh? And yes, I totally love that laundry room, too! Wish I had one that organized, and that big. Our laundry room is SO tiny :(
ReplyDeleteMy biggest blogging goal is the same as yours. I'd like to update my blog at least 3 to 4 times a week. That's my goal. But sometimes I get a case of "blogger's block" and I stare at a blank computer screen, wishing I had something to say. Does that ever happen to you? I can't be the only one, right? LOL
I'm a new follower of your blog on GFC :)
Katrina
They All Call Me Mom
Storing your sheets inside the coordinating pillow case is a stroke of genius!
ReplyDeleteMe too...why have I never thought of this before?
Great photos!
Have a blessed weekend!
Thank you Debra and Katrina!! Have a very blessed weekend!
ReplyDelete