Thursday, February 23, 2012

Plunkers and a Reader Challenge!



Hi.  My name is Shari and I am a plunker.  I am married to a plunker and have children who are plunkers.

What is a plunker you ask? 

Plunker (n): one who places objects in nearby places where which they do not belong, and do not pick them back up again until either the object is needed, or the space is needed. 

source: http://jennyschallenge.com/is-clutter-killing-your-motivation



Yes.  We are a family of plunkers.  Within a few steps of our most commonly used entry into our house, you will find many random objects that obviously do not belong there.   Add into this that many among our household are also pack rats (cough*allofus*cough), it is a real problem for us.  

We have two real hot spots, and a couple luke warm spots where the said plunking happens. 



Our desk is usually so chaotic that I actually photographed it after reclaiming that one time.  It lasted approx two weeks.  They were a glorious two weeks.

So, readers, here is my challenge to you...  I am looking for creative storage and organization ideas.   I have found a lot on Pinterest, but I want more!  More I tell you!   So comment on this post with your links to your blog posts featuring creative ideas for storage, organization and decluttering.  Or, you can send me links to photos and ideas on other websites as well.  

I post a feature of YOUR blog if you participate in this challenge.  AND, if I use one of your ideas, there will be an awesome, okay maybe just a neat, prize.  So get to posting your links, right down there in the comments.  Maybe you can save this family of plunkers from ourselves.

12 comments:

  1. Returning the Google+ love! :D

    http://eightdaysaweekmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following the Weekend Warrior Blog hop and I am following you via GFC as myw1ldcrazylife. Hope you can stop by http://mywildcrazylife.blogspot.com and follow me as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! I really like your blog!!

      Delete
  3. Lol ~ I call plunking... cluttering! ;) I have a post on this that I'll be putting up in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading your insight on it!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, bad grammar, as a former English teacher I couldn't let that fly! So, I had to delete it! I know...a little OCD!

      Delete
    2. I have done that many a time myself!

      Delete
  5. Hey, girl! I stumbled upon your blog about a week ago and loved it! I have been following it ever since! Unfortunately, I don't have any de-clutter pointers of my own, although, I could use some... I am the mother of four--three plunkers, one pack rat, and I am the wife of a pack rat extraordinaire! I visit the following sites for de-clutter inspiration: flylady.net--the fly lady rocks! and jdorganizer.blogspot.com--very cool and cute ideas!
    I do have my own blog, fuzzyredbees.blogspot.com. I hope you will check it out and maybe even follow it. Hey, I did it for you! lol : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle! I have done flylady before and found her methods to be very helpful. However, the amount of email from her sight is overwhelming. I do use much of what I learned from her though. Just can't seem to break this plunking habit!
      I will check out the other site you mentioned.
      Heading over to your blog now!

      Delete

your turn to share....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

networked blogs